Children and Families Operations West
Bridgwater – 37 hours per week
Shepton Mallet – 15 hours per week
Our Children Looked After teams work with our most vulnerable children; those who are in long term permanent placements, but also those who are subject to Public Law proceedings.
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has opened up in within the Children Looked After Service (CLA). The design of the role is yet to be decided but you will either managing up to 3/4 FTE equivalent CLA social workers or splitting the management capacity between managing social workers and/or the contact service County wide. You would be joining a stable and supportive management team who are very committed and motivated to the continued improvement journey.
Educated to degree level in a recognised Social Care qualification, and registered as a Social Worker with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), you’ll have demonstrable experience of staff supervision and management alongside partnership working on complex issues. Positive, committed, adaptable and thorough, you’ll naturally promote the need for improvement and act as a role model for change. If you think you have the skills and commitment to join our progressive and supportive management team, then we want to hear from you.
For more information or an informal discussion about this post please email Jason Pincott JPincott@somerset.gov.uk or contact him on 07500 882399.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
• Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
• Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
To download and submit an application form and job details, or to upload your CV and personal information form, please click Apply Now.
Please quote job reference no: 10629 HC
Closing date: 28 February 2018
Interview date: 12 March 2018