An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified social worker to join an innovative and lively team, recruiting, training and assessing foster carers, including assessments of kinship carers.
About the Job
You will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, and be able to produce well-written, good quality assessments in a timely manner.
You will be an individual who can manage competing caseload demands, is child focussed and have a strong and genuine commitment to assessing carers who are able to meet the needs of vulnerable children and young people
The role is countywide and may involve some evening and weekend work on a planned basis.
For an informal discussion please contact Trevor Goss, telephone 07920211117 or Elaine Ford, telephone 07990590985.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
To download and submit an application form and job details, or to upload your CV, personal statement and personal information form, please click Apply Now.
Please quote job reference no: 10621/JH
Closing date: 09 April 2018
Interview date: 17 April 2018